Monday, May 4, 2009

Finishing up the Semester.

BJ and I had a great night out on the town. For us, this means going to tiger town where we visited places like Kinnucans, Moe's, Ross, TJ Maxx, TARGET, and Kohls. In that order. Am I missing anything, B?
I have my last final exam ever tomorrow. It is Art History III. I have studied a little bit, but am planning on getting up and studying all morning at my favorite coffee place in Auburn, Taylor's Bakery. I have spent many hours there during the past 4 years, and I figured that my last morning of studying at Auburn should be spent there. It will be bittersweet. 
Graduation is on Saturday. Lord willing. Leave it to me to worry about worst case scenario not graduating possibilities. I know I will graduate on Saturday, but I worry about the craziest things that could happen that would steal my dreams. Haha. It wont happen. 
Speaking of worrying...We just finished a series on Worry at Auburn Church. It was a great series by Andy Stanley that I highly recommend. Worry has been something that has plagued me, and I refuse to let it plague me forever. I tend to worry about everything, big and small. As my Dad says, worry is the opposite of faith. That is the bottom line. Who are we to worry about our lives? When we worry, we are saying that we do not trust the Lord with our lives. We are such control freaks that we think WE know what is best. 
I will leave you all with that.
Off to bed! Only a few more nights here in Auburn as a student...

War Eagle.

1 comment:

Douglasfam said...

David Deeter...a wise wise man!