This morning we all got up at 4 to get BJ to the airport at 5. Mrs. Barbara and I drove him and all went well...or so it seemed. I was feeling OK and had gotten my emotional stuff out the night before. We watched him go through security and then began walking to the car. When we were almost to the car I got a text from BJ that said, "Did you pack my computer charger?"
I immediately panicked. I packed his computer up for him this morning and remembered taking it off the charger. I had not packed the charger. I totally forgot. In the midst of trying to be sweet and sneaky and leave him a note in his bag, I left the durn computer charger. BJ is going over there to do his thesis, which is all done on his computer. He could have shared for a while, or tried to find a new one, but nothing made me feel OK about it. I was so worried and Mrs. Barbara was racking her brain for any way to get that thing to him.
Once we got home we realized that BJ's friend Tommy was going on a later flight and meeting them in Shanghai. Long story short, Mom drove me back to the airport and I dropped the charger off with sweet Tommy who is traveling with it right now en route to China.
After all of that ended, we took a breather and began a long and fun day of wedding planning!
More to come soon.
And I cannot get pictures to upload?!
P.S.- BJ has a blog specifically about his travels. Check it out- bjdoeschina.blogspot.com



No comments:
Post a Comment