Saturday, May 1, 2010

Birthdays and 6 Years!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (YESTERDAY) MOMMMM!!!!!

I have the best Mom in the world and yesterday she turned 35. She is growing up...slowly but surely.
Seriously though, she is awesome. She is fun, funny, gorgeous, real, cute, hard-working, God-fearing, friendly, and HOT.
Thank you Mom for changing our diapers, cleaning up throw up, living sleep-deprived, taking us to the mall, dealing with us in the dressing room, driving us everywhere, loving on us, laughing with us and at us, letting us laugh at you, taking us to the pool, reading us books over and over, encouraging us, listening to us, and just straight-up LOVING all of us!!!
There are so many things you do that all of your family and friends could go on and on about. We are just thankful for you.
My Mom is also a breast cancer survivor. If you were around her during that time, you have seen her at her best when she should have been at her worst. She was so brave (even if she just acted that way so that we wouldn't be scared). She comforted us when we should have been comforting her. It was an amazing time and the Lord protected and provided! We are so thankful for His provision.
My Mom and Dad are just so fun. Dad's birthday is June 13th!!!!
I LOVE MY FAM!!!

(Oh, and I cannot even get started on how Mom planned the whole wedding and kept me in once piece....maybe I will save that for another post...)

and next we have.....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO KATIE AND ARTIE, DUH!

These two have blessed my life beyond words. I really cannot sit here and explain it. Katie has always been such a sweet sister and friend, and has set such an amazing example. Her marriage to Art has been such a neat thing for Milla, BJ, and I to watch! I know we all feel so blessed to walk behind them in life and see what they do!
Their Godly marriage started this day 6 years ago and May 1, 2004 will always go down as one of my most favorite days of all time. Artie took Milla and I under his wing from the moment he and Katie started dating, and we could not have been more excited to see them become ONE!
Katie and Art have really gotten out their machetes and forged the way through the forest for the rest of us. They have allowed us to watch what they do and follow in their path!
They have also provided our family with the sweetest joy- Emma Kate and Harper!!! Thank you guys for these sweet babies :) Thank you for doing all the hard work and letting us enjoy them.
Ok, if you enjoy blogs, you have to follow their BLOG HERE! Katie is a really good blogger and posts a lot of good photos and videos. I hope to be as good as her one day...

Until next time, War Eagle and Happy Anniversary K and A!!!

2 comments:

MomMom said...

Dear Sweet Em,
Thank you for that sweet post.
I love you,
Mom

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

sweet post - amen to all of that. you have a great fam.