Saturday, December 5, 2009

Guess What? We Got MARRIED.

2 weeks ago tonight, BJ and I became Husband and Wife. It was certainly the BEST day of our lives and was a dream come true. I honestly could not have asked for more. We were surrounded by those we love the most and we got to vow to love each other forever! Parts of the day are a blur, but I remember most of it very well and am so thankful for that. I cannot believe it is over. Thank you so much to my Mom ad Dad for everything. Thank you to my WHOLE family and to the Haistens!! Thank you to all of our sweet friends for being so wonderful. November 21st, 2009 was priceless.

We spent a wonderful week in Highlands, North Carolina and have now been in Montgomery for a week. We are in shock everyday that BJ does not have to take me home, and we are not coordinating long distance things, BUT being together all the time feels oddly natural! The Lord has giving us an amazing gift through marriage and we are THANKFUL!! 

OK, these are out of order but here is our Christmas tree and a view of our messy den!! We had so much fun getting the tree and BJ put it up like a champ. It was totally no big deal! And he is the light master. He did a great job. OH, it is also worthy to note that we got the tree at Home Depot and proceeded to put it INSIDE my small Jetta. We put the back seat down and stuck the tree through the trunk up into the car. It was really funny and worked out ridiculously well.

Our First Tree! The lights were not totally finished at this point. We ran out and had to go back to target to get one more strand. We also bought a tree skirt today so it is not so naked anymore. It is a cute quilted skirt we got at an antique store.

My light man.

Taking the mesh off the tree. Note the wedding gifts and stuff everywhere :) It is much cleaner now so do not worry. Well...more like we just moved all the gifts into the spare bedroom. I should put a picture of that up. It is INTERESTING!

The finished product minus the tree skirt! Hope you like! We need a few more ornaments but they will come with time. I am sure one day we will have wayyy too many. Thank you to the Knights for the great star at the top of our tree.

I better get back to watching this Texas game....it is getting intense. BJ is going nuts. About that SEC Champ game earlier...whatever...Bama does not deserve that kind of glory and that is all I have to say about that.

WAR EAGLE FROM THE HAISTENS!!!!

1 comment:

Lauren Widman said...

I love this. The Haisten family Christmas tree. It's perfect. Praise God for bringing you two together. Miss y'all lots. War Eagle.