Saturday, January 29, 2011

Our New Humble Abode!

I know what you are thinking. "Emily, really? Two posts in two days? You can't throw us off like this. We aren't used to this!" Well, folks, maybe 2011 is a new year? Hopefully. My little side blog (Below the Magnolia) is defffinitely taking a hiatus as I am trying to figure out the direction I want to take it. But I would love to keep anyone who is interested in our life (anyone?...Mom? Mrs. Barb? Katie? Camilla? That might be about it....haha that is ok though!!) updated through this blog.
So, in other news, on November 24, 2010 we closed on our first home. The whole process was nothing but God. He just guided out weak little human feet along His path and made Himself clear to us! Thank you, Lord!
Y'all know that BJ and I both love houses and all that jazz so we had been "looking" around at houses for fun since we got married. We just love seeing what all is out there and especially have a thing for older homes! We are always all over this website... www.alamls.com ... it shows the newest listings every day and it a very handy website for people looking around in our area.
One day when we both got home from work BJ said something like, "Em, did you see the house that was listed today?" I actually had not seen it yet so he showed it to me. The owner had only put 2 or 3 pictures up and so I couldn't really get a good feel for it. I just kinda said, "eh..yeah...that is cute." haha. Yikes, Em. I guess it was not love at first sight?? Once I actuallyyy laid eyes on it in real life, it was love at 1st-in-person-not-in-picture-sight. Ok so that weekend they were having an open house. LUCKY US. Who knows if we would have ever set up an appointment to see it! We walk in the house as the owner is walking out (we are geared out in auburn stuff) and he says, "War Eagle!" THAT was a good start. I love knowing that out house was owned by someone in the Auburn family. Is that lame???
Long story short, the open house went great, we loved the house, only down side was it just had one bathroom, I got over that after, it had 3 big bedrooms, a back yard, built in 1930, brick, the agent told us there was a lot of interest in the house (turns out she was telling the truth...and the house was priced to sell so we had to make a move), we get things rolling with the bank/mortgage folks the next week, and put an offer on the house 9 days after it was put on the market. The owner counter offered the next day and we accepted!! It was a decent counter offer...nothing too crazy...so it was definitely worth it to us to go ahead and accept. It was SUCH a great deal for the area and everything, so we were pumped. Also, NONE of this would have been possible without Aunt Jill! She has been in real estate in Montgomery for years and knows all there is to know. She made everything so easy for us and was such a blessing. THANK YOU, AUNT JILL!!

Here is the house!! ....

Welcome Home!!




Checking out the pantry.

Hallway. 2 bedrooms on the left. Kitchen, bathroom, and 3rd bedroom on the right.

Don't worry, this is not what it looks like. Ha! But, here is our bathroom! (Not our curtains don't panic)

Hallway facing the front of the house.

Guest Bedroom.

Our room.

My closet.

Office/Catch-all room.

Kitchen! Need to get a better picture of this room. Oh and that is the laundry/mud room in the back! You also access the backyard through that room.

Breakfast room/Butler Pantry! Finally have a space for my china :)

Breakfast room! We want to build a booth in here.

Dining room.
Looking into the den from the dining room.

Den.

Dining on left, front door in middle (duh), and den on right!

Fireplace!



Backyard! All that is missing is a dog :)


Front door!

Screened in porch! (not our stuff)


Christmas chaos!! Just wanted you to see some of our furniture in the house. I need to take some updated pictures :)

Clark was really into the Christmas tree! Please forgive the boxes and junk everywhere!

We have LOVED out house so far and I really get excited about it everyday. We have some projects to work on and are hoping to get a lot done in February. Hope you enjoyed the pics! God is good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's totally fine, I read your blog too Em! :-)

Elizabeth @ livingrunningcooking said...

I love it!!

Unknown said...

Lovely! Lovely! I can't wait to come visit!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOUR HOUSE.

Katie Anderson said...

Emily, it is wonderful!! I love it!