Sunday, January 10, 2010

Praise Him!

I am sitting on the couch relaxing and listening to the great worship tunes BJ is playing while he is preparing his devotion for work tomorrow. They have a devotion every Monday morning, and BJ is leading his second one tomorrow. WHAT A BLESSING! We are so thankful for the people he works with and their foundation in Christ.
I am often overwhelmed with where we are in life. It is just so incredible obvious how sweet and special this is. We just get to live life together, try to do our best every day, and enjoy it all! I definitely have my signature Emily meltdowns about nottthinggggg occasionally, and we are tempted to complain about small things here and there, but God has been so good to us.
If you were at our wedding, you may remember the song that my sweet friend Christen (AKA "Bird") sang called, "You Have Been So Good." This is one of my family's all time favorites, and just hits the nail on the head. Even when things are not perfect, He HAS been so good. He always will be.

You Have Been So Good by Lenny LeBlanc:

"You have been so good
You have been so good to me
In my faithless hour
You've been my strength
You are my tower
From the enemy
You have been so good
So good to me

Your hand is always faithful
Your mercy never ends
And when I feel unable
Your grace is there again

You chose me with my weakness
And all my sins forgave
I've nothing to repay You
So all that I can say

You have been so good
You have been so good to me
In my faithless hour
You've been my strength
You are my tower
From the enemy
You have been so good
So good to me."

.....................................................................................................

Side note: I started work at Auburn University at Montgomery this past week and it has been great! I was lucky enough to start the same day with a girl named Lindsay. We are both Student Recruiters for the University and will be travelling to highschools, junior colleges, and college fairs near and far! Lindsay and her Husband recently graduated from Seminary in Louisville and he is now the pastor at a Church in Maplesville, AL. Lindsay drives an hour to work everyday but I sure glad she does!! She is a wonderful encouragement. And guess what??? She not only went to Auburn, but she was also a Chi O! She graduated the year before I got there, so we just missed each other, but how cool is that? We still know many of the same people. So basically, I feel strong about work so far, and I work with great people!

(That was a long "side note," huh?)

War Eagle.

2 comments:

AlleyJ said...

Em... are you working with Lindsay Bowden? If so, she is AWESOME! Hope you are doing well. Love keeping up with you both through our lovely blogs. Hope to see you soon!

Emily and BJ said...

I am working with Lindsay Bowden! She is so great indeed! It is such a treat to be with her. I really love keeping up with you too. I hope your 2010 is off to a great start. Hope to see you soon, Al :)